Location: Seattle, WA
Vimocity is a fast-growing movement-lifestyle brand. We deliver data-driven solutions to help individuals and companies decrease their incident rate and costs associated with musculoskeletal disorders (e.g. back pain, rotator cuff strain, ankle sprains, etc.), which currently account for more than $768B in healthcare related costs and 33% of all workplace injuries. Vimocity’s proven injury-prevention solution is based on strategies that are usually reserved for elite athletes and are delivered through live workshops and an engaging digital program that personalizes prevention for each individual and aggregates data to drive company-wide performance.
We’re looking for a Performance Coach to join our team! You will join a group of performance-driven, self-starting team members who are constantly seeking ways to serve our customers more effectively, all while building an enduring movement-lifestyle brand.
The right candidate is eager to join a fast-paced team, is forward-thinking, and is hungry to positively impact the quality of life of the people we serve. This position is based out of our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a member of our training staff, you will be responsible for directly interacting with our clients and leading a series of onsite workshops, which serve as the backbone of our program. You will travel to client sites and implement these workshops with clients in a variety of industries, such as the renewable energy sector, public utilities, construction, warehousing, etc. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with clients to conduct various educational activities and events
- Collecting and reporting various metrics to operations, such as workshop attendance, client engagement scores, outreach effectiveness, and identifying areas for improved client success.
- Participating in program planning and development, as well as designing and/or implementing client or industry-specific research.
- Reviewing client historical injury data to identify trends and opportunities for injury prevention strategies to be implemented.
- Performing job-task analysis to understand the physical requirements of common, daily, work-related activities.
- Travel is required for this role and could be as much as 50% (at times) based on business needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong customer service skills; servicing the “client” is the top priority
- 5+ years formal coaching experience in strength & conditioning, personal training, athletic training, etc.
- Strong grasp of human movement mechanics
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver an exceptional experience for workshop participants.
- BA/BS Kinesiology or Sports Science
- Experience with the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) or other industry standard movement assessments
- Currently holds industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS, NASM, and/or ATC/L
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite or related products
- Ambition, diligence, and passion for improving the lives of others
- Hungry to expand knowledge-base and excited by the prospect of working outside of a gym or clinical setting.
- Growth-mindset and continuous pursuit of personal growth and learning
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision when traveling to service out-of-state clients
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enjoys public speaking and presenting, or has an eagerness to grow in this area
- Comfortable with taking charge when needed, but can also take direction from others
- Excited by the prospect of traveling the country to interact with clients in different industries.
If you think you are a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Please include your resume and a compelling cover letter telling us: why you are the best fit for this role, why you care about impacting the lives of others, and why you are interested in being a part of the Vimocity Team.